flash bbt broken due to unitialized bitflip_threshold?

Artem Bityutskiy artem.bityutskiy at linux.intel.com
Wed Jun 6 11:46:15 EDT 2012

On Wed, 2012-06-06 at 18:15 +0300, Shmulik Ladkani wrote:
> - By 'add_mtd_device'. Here it defaults to 'ecc_strength' if NOT
>   previously set by the driver.

But this is wrong. If I use the old doc2000 driver, with ecc_strength =
2, and it works fine for me, and I am happy that UBI scrubs for a single
bit-flip, why should my system become broken because someone decided
that now UBI should start scrubbing on 2 bit-flips?

We should not change the defaults - if I do not set the threshold via
sysfs of in the driver, it should be 1.

Unless I am completely confused, we should change this, CC -stable if
needed, and ask dwmw2 to merge that.

--
Best Regards,
Artem Bityutskiy