flash bbt broken due to unitialized bitflip_threshold?

Artem Bityutskiy artem.bityutskiy at linux.intel.com
Wed Jun 6 09:30:53 EDT 2012

On Wed, 2012-06-06 at 12:50 +0300, Shmulik Ladkani wrote:
> +	if (!mtd->bitflip_threshold)
> +		mtd->bitflip_threshold = mtd->ecc_strength;

Hmm, why se default is to report bit-flips only when one more flipping
bit would cause an ECC error? The default be 1 - report on any bit-flip.
The same should be done in 'add_mtd_device()' - we should preserve the
old behavior, as it was before these patches. Do I miss something?

--
Best Regards,
Artem Bityutskiy