CONFIG_PREEMPT and JFFS2 oops

Orjan Friberg of at flatfrog.com
Thu Jan 26 12:54:49 EST 2012

On 01/26/2012 05:57 PM, Paul Walmsley wrote:

>> You just throw away best_buf here, don't you?
>
> You're right.  It's even worse than that.  best_buf will contain the data
> from the last compressor used.  And it will be prematurely freed.  Here's
> a fixed version.

I've tested this version for a while now with the same result as before.

No oopses, no spinlock violations.  I copied a 2MB file from the SD/MMC
partition to the two JFFS2 partitions and md5summ'ed it a bunch of
times.  After that I unmounted and remounted both partitions.

I do see a steady memory usage increase when doing continuous testing,
but whether that's normal I don't know.  I see at least some of it being
reclaimed when unmounting the JFFS2 partitions (grep jffs2 /proc/slabinfo).

--
Orjan Friberg
FlatFrog Laboratories AB