JFFS2 oops when writing to two partitions simultaneously

Orjan Friberg of at flatfrog.com
Tue Jan 24 12:15:53 EST 2012

A couple of new observations in trying to box this in:

Early revisions (A2) of the BeagleBoard xM has both NAND and SD/MMC.  If
I boot the system (Linux + rootfs) off the SD card (ext3 formatted) and
create two JFFS2 partitions in the NAND flash, I cannot repeat the
problem.  That system uses a pretty recent kernel, 3.0.17.

As a sanity check, I ran the 2.6.32 configuration on the xM board to
verify that it wasn't a problem isolated to our own board.  Sure enough,
it happens there too.

I'm going to check whether the oops is dependent on Linux + rootfs being
on a JFFS2 partition or if it's just a matter of kernel version.

On a side note, is there a more easily searchable archive than
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-mtd/?

Thanks,
Orjan

--