ubi_eba_init_scan: cannot reserve enough PEBs for bad PEB handling

Alexandre Gambier a.gambier at ftemaximal.fr
Tue Jan 10 07:46:49 EST 2012

hi everyone,

I use UBI volume and UBIFS on top of a NAND device with an embedded
video meter.
Everything works fine except that when a UBI volume is mounted the
following warning is outputted :
"UBI warning: ubi_eba_init_scan: cannot reserve enough PEBs for bad PEB
handling, reserved 0, need 20"

I create the UBI volume using the autosize options.
Does anyone have an idea about what is it and what can I do to fix this
and make sure my UBI volumes work fine.

Best regards,
Alex

Here is the whole log:

UBI: attaching mtd7 to ubi0
UBI: physical eraseblock size:   131072 bytes (128 KiB)
UBI: logical eraseblock size:    129024 bytes
UBI: smallest flash I/O unit:    2048
UBI: sub-page size:              512
UBI: VID header offset:          512 (aligned 512)
UBI: data offset:                2048
UBI warning: ubi_eba_init_scan: cannot reserve enough PEBs for bad PEB
handling, reserved 0, need 20
UBI: attached mtd7 to ubi0
UBI: MTD device name:            "UserData"
UBI: MTD device size:            256 MiB
UBI: number of good PEBs:        2036
UBI: number of bad PEBs:         12
UBI: max. allowed volumes:       128
UBI: wear-leveling threshold:    4096
UBI: number of internal volumes: 1
UBI: number of user volumes:     1
UBI: available PEBs:             0
UBI: total number of reserved PEBs: 2036
UBI: number of PEBs reserved for bad PEB handling: 0
UBI: max/mean erase counter: 2/1
UBI: image sequence number: 0
UBI: background thread "ubi_bgt0d" started, PID 1207
UBI volume:  ubi0
Volume name: userdata
UBIFS: mounted UBI device 0, volume 1, name "userdata"
UBIFS: file system size:   260757504 bytes (254646 KiB, 248 MiB, 2021 LEBs)
UBIFS: journal size:       9033728 bytes (8822 KiB, 8 MiB, 71 LEBs)
UBIFS: media format:       w4/r0 (latest is w4/r0)
UBIFS: default compressor: zlib
UBIFS: reserved for root:  0 bytes (0 KiB)

--
Best regards.

Alexandre Gambier
Fte Maximal France SAS