No oob scheme defined for oobsize 218

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind1 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 02:55:25 EST 2012

On Mon, 2012-01-09 at 17:34 +1100, Joo Aun Saw wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm getting this error and hope someone can help me.
>
> ONFI flash detected
> ONFI param page 0 valid
> NAND device: Manufacturer ID: 0x2c, Chip ID: 0xd3 (Micron MT29F8G08AAA)
> No oob scheme defined for oobsize 218
>
> Do I need to define struct nand_ecclayout nand_oob_218? or can I use
> the nand_oob_128 ecc layout?
> I'm running Linux version 3.0.4.

Please, be aware of the unstable bits UBIFS problem - it is still not
resolved and no one is working on this AFAIK. This issue may cause
unrecoverable corruptions after power cuts. Someone should invest few
men-months to fix this.

See: http://www.linux-mtd.infradead.org/doc/ubifs.html#L_unstable_bits

Artem.

--