Problem with UBI/ubifs mount

Ricard Wanderlof ricard.wanderlof at axis.com
Wed Feb 15 11:27:52 EST 2012

I'm having a problem I'm trying to get my head around.

I have a ubifs image, where the image file is about 3.7 MB in size.

If I ubiupdatevol it to a ubi volume that is 7.4 MiB in size (60 LEBs of
126 KiB each), and then try to mount the resulting volume, I get

UBIFS error (pid 1578): validate_sb: bad superblock, error 8

If instead try to ubiupdatevol it to a ubi volume that is 28.8 MiB in size
(234 LEBs), the mount goes fine and I can see the files in the file system
at the mount point as expected.

Does anyone have an inkling what could be going on here? Ubiupdatevol does
not give any error messages about the image being to big for the volume or
indeed any error messages at all.

/Ricard