FW: UBIFS tools and latest 2.6.33 kernel from http://git.infradead.org/users/dedekind/ubifs-v2.6.33.git

David Clark dclark at tantalus.com
Fri Aug 24 15:39:06 EDT 2012

Artem,

Thanks for the help on upgrading out linux 2.6.33 kernel with the latest UBIFS updates.  I managed to merge the UBI/UBIFS specific code from the link you gave me (I took the latest and greatest) and I have a kernel that now compiles successfully.  Now we get the following error when the UBIFS file system is mounted:

UBI: attaching mtd18 to ubi0

UBI error: io_init: bad write buffer size 0 for 1 min. I/O unit

ubiattach: error!: cannot attach mtd18

           error 22 (Invalid argument)

UBIFS error (pid 916): ubifs_get_sb: cannot open "ubi0:tntvar", error -19

mount: mounting ubi0:tntvar on /usr/local/tntvar failed: No such device

We are suspecting now that this may be because we need to update the ubifs tools (or create the ubifs with different cmd args) so that they are in sync with the latest kernel.  If you have any ideas on this it would be great - right now I will be researching if our hypothesis is true and how to resolve it.

Thanks Dave