UBIFS Recovery Issue: 'grab_empty_leb: could not find an empty LEB'

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind1 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 07:44:29 EDT 2012

On Mon, 2012-07-16 at 13:22 -0500, Brent Taylor wrote:
> I'm developing on custom hardware using an at91sam9g45 processor with
> 64 MB of RAM and 64 MB of NOR flash running Linux 3.0.13.
>
> I'm doing some power-cycle testing and after several hours, UBIFS
> failed to mount the root partition and printed the message
> "grab_empty_leb: could not find an empty LEB".  The system boots and
> starts a script that will power cycle the board anytime between 10 and
> 20 seconds after the script has started.  Just before a power cycle
> occurs, syslog and our main process are the only processes that could
> be writing to disk.

I was trying to do power cut emulation testing with mtdram, and I see
there are some issues which do not seem to exist on NAND. But they are
different to yours. I remember I saw these -ENOSPC issues in the past,
but they were very difficult to reproduce.

I will try to investigate why power-cut emulation testing fails on
mtdram, but I have limited amount of time and I do not know when I'll be
able to do this.

--
Best Regards,
Artem Bityutskiy