UBIFS corruption after software upgrade

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind1 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 07:30:26 EDT 2012

On Tue, 2012-07-24 at 17:02 -0400, Russell Zuck wrote:
> I am attempting to troubleshoot an issue where the root partition
> (ubi0_0) of my embedded platform becomes corrupted after a few upgrades
> of our system software.

Just took a look at your dmesg log again, it really does not look like
UBIFS issue. Something has changed so that UBIFS reads all 0xFFs instead
of nodes - may be driver returns bogus data.

If you have a working kernel then you can bisect and find the commit
which broke your system.

E.g., if you know 2.6.32 worked, but 2.6.35 does not, you can check if
2.6.33 works or not. If yes, check 2.6.34. When you find the first
non-working release, you may start using 'git bisect' to find the quilty
commit.

--
Best Regards,
Artem Bityutskiy