Slow Linear Flash write speeds

Andrew Eberbach andrew at ebertech.ca
Thu Aug 23 19:03:54 EDT 2012

Hi

I'm trying to figure out why I'm getting really slow (0.1 kB/sec) write speeds using kernel 3.0.28 and the pcmciamtd driver on a 20MB Series 2 Intel card. The reader/writer is an Elan P423 PCI card. I've had to set the VPP voltage to 12 to get it to write. The read speeds are very quick (can copy out 20mb in less than a minute) but the writes are taking way too long. I've tried both with dd and with the flashcp utility. Any insights would be appreciated.

Best Regards,

Andrew Eberbach
EberTech Inc.