Current mainline (3.6-rc3) UBIFS errors

David Jander david.jander at protonic.nl
Thu Aug 23 11:15:17 EDT 2012

On Thu, 23 Aug 2012 13:18:37 +0300
Artem Bityutskiy <dedekind1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2012-08-23 at 11:27 +0200, David Jander wrote:
> > On Thu, 23 Aug 2012 11:47:53 +0300
> > Artem Bityutskiy <dedekind1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > A change in the mtd layer probably caused this.

> > > Quite possible if there is a bug in mtd layer. First try to find out the
> > > latest working kernel release.
> >
> > Ok, sounds reasonable.
> > I found kernel 3.5 works fine. Now bisecting...
>
> If you want to check whether it is UBI/UBIFS to blame, please, pull the
> ubifs-v3.5.git back-port tree and test. The back-port tree contains all
> UBI/UBIFS changes which we have done after 3.5.

All of a sudden I am finding myself unable to reproduce the problem. Baffled
and confused, my only two explanations for this is that either somehow while
switching kernel versions the .config file got altered in such a way that
CONFIG_MTD_NAND_ECC_SMC magically changed value or that some cosmic
radiation corrupted _both_ NAND chips at the same time :-(
My apologies for wasting your time.
I'll report back if I ever happen to reproduce this issue.... it might still
be there but just hard to trigger... who knows.

Best regards,

--
David Jander