NAND Flash Programming for Production

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind1 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 09:04:58 EDT 2012

On Wed, 2012-07-18 at 16:54 -0500, Joel Futterman wrote:
> We have implemented a UBIFS in our embedded MIPS system. We need to deliver our code to a vendor that performs the gang programming prior to production. They use a BP Microsystems model 2800 Flash programmer. What format are the files that we deliver in order for the programmer to create the UBI layer. They are unable to produce a part with our UBI system properly in place. Is there a function within the BP Microsystems programmer that they are missing?

Here is some information on how UBI flasher should work:
http://www.linux-mtd.infradead.org/doc/ubi.html#L_flasher_algo

If you do not have a possibility to implement a smart flasher, you can
use a dumb flasher as well, just set the 'fixup' UBIFS flag, see here:
http://www.linux-mtd.infradead.org/faq/ubifs.html#L_free_space_fixup

--
Best Regards,
Artem Bityutskiy