UBI fastmap updates

Richard Weinberger richard at nod.at
Mon Aug 6 13:36:22 EDT 2012

Am 02.08.2012 16:58, schrieb Artem Bityutskiy:
> On Mon, 2012-07-09 at 14:18 +0200, Richard Weinberger wrote:
>> This is the next round of UBI fastmap updates.
>> It fixes all issues pointed out by Shmulik. :-)
>
> Hi Richard,
>
> when I try to attach mtdram (NOR flash), UBI fails:

Fastmap works fine with mtdram and NOR flash.
But if your MTD device has less than UBI_FM_MAX_START (64) PEBs
ubi_io_is_bad() will trigger.
The fix is to disable Fastmap if you have not enough PEBs.

I think we enable fastmap only if a MTD device has more than
UBI_FM_MAX_START*2 PEBs.
Any comments?

Thanks,
//richard