UBIFS + device issue

CJ cjpostor at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 00:36:15 EDT 2011

Hi,

I am having a problem with Nand and UBIFS. My hardware is similar to the
OMAP3 BeagleBoard.
My system, kernel, uboot work perfectly when running from the SD card
using EXT4, when I transfer the system files onto NAND using UBIFS there
are unusual problems.

When booting everything appears to work and all modules appear to load
correctly, however device /dev/media0 is not created and does not work
when manually created. This is tied to a camera module and works fine
when using the SD card and EXT4.
The rest of the system seems to work fine - however the camera does not
work because the /dev/media0 device is required.
As mentioned above .. this works fine with everything exactly the same
when boot from SD card using EXT4.

Has any body seen a problem like this in the past?
Really appreciate your help, I am lost as to what might be causing this
issue.

Cheers,
CJ