gpio nand help!

c.gianni c.gianni at resi.it
Mon Oct 17 10:22:43 EDT 2011

Hi, I designed a custom board with Xilinx Virtex 5 FX130T (FPGA) on it, this
FPGA comes with a ppc440 processor. Now on this board I also have a Micron
DDR2 chip and a Micron NAND Flash chip (MT29F2G08ABAEA). I managed to get
linux (2.6.37) working on this board by running it on a ramdisk on the DDR2
chip.

Now I need to interface linux with the Micron NAND onboard. I’m trying to
understand how, but I can’t find documentation. I think that all I have to
do is to link the GPIO interface of the PPC440 to the NAND pins but I don’t
know how, could you help me??

Carmine Giannì

Hardware Design Engineer

INNOVATION LAB