Need to recover from corruption

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind1 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 07:43:20 EDT 2011

On Thu, 2011-10-13 at 13:59 -0700, Steve Iribarne wrote:
> I work on a system where we need to be as 100% uptime as possible.  The
> other day we had an issue here where one of our applications was
> crashing while a write to one of the partitions was happening.
>
> I then turned on UBIFS debugging in u-boot and I have a bunch of info
> but I have no idea what is going on.

Well, judging from the log UBIFS went nuts for some reason (negative
free space). I've never seen this before.

Could you please write some more information about your system, flash,
kernel version, etc. Please, follow these instructions:
http://www.linux-mtd.infradead.org/faq/ubifs.html#L_how_send_bugreport

> Here is the output after (at the u-boot) prompt I do:
>
> ubi part nand0,1
> ubifsmount boot-info

So this problem happens all the time when you boot? Or how reproducible
is it?

If this problem is reproducible, make a dump of your flash to save it
for further investigations.

--
Best Regards,
Artem Bityutskiy