Make phram work with kernel cmdline args when built-in

Fache, Herve h-fache at ti.com
Thu Oct 13 09:30:35 EDT 2011

Hi again Jörn,

Please find attached a revised version of the patch.

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 18:48, Jörn Engel <joern at logfs.org> wrote:
> Looks good in principle.

Thanks :-)

> What I slightly dislike about this patch is the tiny differences
> between Ville Herva's and this one.  In block2mtd those same lines are
> added in a different place.  While I don't care much where to put
> them, I see some value in having duplicated code stand out as
> duplicated code and not have subtle variations all over the place.  So
> my preference would be to either change this patch or alternatively
> move the code in block2mtd as well.

Thanks for your politeness. I have now moved things in the same place
as the original patch for consistency.

> Same here.  phram_setup_late may be a better name, but it is
> inconsistent with block2mtd_setup2.

Indeed, I have now renamed the function phram_setup2 in my patch.

> So while I have no preference for either of the two variants, I would
> like to keep the two drivers as similar as possible.  Apart from that
> minor thing, nice work!

I have updated my patch rather than block2mtd, so we minimize the changes.

Thanks a lot for your help.
Hervé

--
Texas Instruments France SA, 821 Avenue Jack Kilby, 06270 Villeneuve
Loubet. 036 420 040 R.C.S Antibes. Capital de EUR 753.920