[UBI] Unable to attach UBI volume

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind1 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 16:34:43 EST 2011

On Tue, 2011-11-08 at 10:59 +0100, Marek Skuczynski wrote:
> Hi,
>    After overnight test using fsstress and forced system reboot I have
> a problem to attach an UBI volume.
>    Probably the root cause of such problem has been already resolved,
> so I would appreciate if you can point
>    the fixes out.  My Linux kernel version is 2.6.31.14
If it was fixed - you should find the fix in one of the back-port trees.

Did you enable errors emulation in UBI debugging options? If yes - that
is the reason. If no - looks like the pool of reserved eraseblocks for
bad block handling is exhausted an you do not have enough good
eraseblocks.

Please, send more information about your setup - is it MLC NAND? Take a
look here:
http://linux-mtd.infradead.org/faq/ubifs.html#L_how_debug
http://linux-mtd.infradead.org/faq/ubi.html#L_how_send_bugreport

Did you validate your flash with MTD tests?

Artem.