read_pnode: error -22 reading pnode at XX:YYYYY

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind1 at gmail.com
Tue May 24 04:41:44 EDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-05-20 at 16:16 -0500, Rick Johnson wrote:
> We were able to gather more debug this time when the error reoccurred.
> I thought I'd post it, just in case something jumps out.  The strange
> thing is that 'num' seems to have a value that resembles an address.  In
> the example below, num is set to 0xC72EB990.  That's been true every
> time we've seen any debug.  Maybe it doesn't mean anything.

Hi,

1. Your kernel version is 2.6.36, do you use up-to-date UBI/UBIFS from
   the ubifs-v2.6.36 back-port tree? See here:
   http://www.linux-mtd.infradead.org/doc/ubifs.html#L_source

2. Could you please make sure you have UBIFS debugging enabled - just
   debugging support, no additional messages or checks. Then post UBIFS
   messages which it prints when you mount it. It prints things like
   LPT model (c->big_lpt) which I want to know.

3. Please, enable LPT extra checks and run your tests and try to
   reproduce this issue. To enable LPT extra checks you need to do:

   $ sudo sh -c 'echo 32 > /sys/module/ubifs/parameters/debug_chks'

   This will make UBIFS to check lprops at each commit and we have a
   better chance to catch issues.

Thanks!

--
Best Regards,