ubiattach error!

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind1 at gmail.com
Mon May 23 08:42:55 EDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-05-20 at 16:24 +0000, Timon ter Braak wrote:
> I will be happy to provide more information, but I am not sure what
> exactly. It is difficult to separate what procedure corrupt the filesystem
> and what does work. For example, even a normal 'reboot' command
> results in the message 'recovery needed'; is that normal?

Start with this:
http://www.linux-mtd.infradead.org/doc/ubifs.html#L_how_send_bugreport

If you cannot isolate the error - I cannot do it as well for sure. So
please, try to fine one specific thing which you think is a problem, and
ask to help with that specific thing. The above link should help. In
general, the first things you need to do are:

1. validate your mtd device with the test - this is always good thing to
do.
2. enable UBIFS debugging (not debugging messages)
3. report the issue properly as it is described at the MTD web site.

WRT. reboot: if your 'reboot' command results in 'recovery needed' then
your 'reboot' command does not unmount the file-system and just reboots
it. Of course from UBIFS's POW this is a power cut and it needs
recovery. But there is nothing to be afraid of if you know you synced
your files. So you need to take a look what "reboot" does - it may do
completely different things on different systems. E.g., does it sync the
data? does it unmount FSes?

--
Best Regards,
Artem Bityutskiy (Артём Битюцкий)