[ubifs] "cannot parse device table file 'device_table.txt'"

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind1 at gmail.com
Fri May 20 06:27:21 EDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-05-20 at 11:56 +0200, Gilles wrote:
> On Fri, 20 May 2011 12:27:17 +0300, Artem Bityutskiy
> <dedekind1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >It seems like that device table line is indeed incorrect, or what do you
> >expect mkfs.ubifs to do?
>
> I used a sample that comes with uClinux and is considered a reference
> to use. If there's more information about what value to put in that
> column or a valid file that I could use, I'm interested. Thank you.

I do not know the right format for the device table either. In your case
you have: start = 0, increment = 1, count = -;

I do not know what "-" means, but mkfs.ubifs interprets it as "zero" and
then complains that you ask it to create zero devices starting from
number zero with increment 0.

May be this '-' means something and mkfs.ubifs does not properly handle
that?

--
Best Regards,
Artem Bityutskiy (Артём Битюцкий)