unsupported subpages: how to be sure/fix ?

David Wagner david.wagner at free-electrons.com
Wed May 4 11:28:45 EDT 2011

On 04/28/2011 06:42 PM, David Wagner wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I got the infamous -74 error with the 2-planes OneNand chip I'm using
> when trying to create a UBI Volume
> [...]

Hello again,

I found in the documentation that VERIFY_NAND_WRITES could also cause
errors when dealing with subpages of a 2KiB-pages NAND (the onenand i'm
using has them). (The warning in the documentation is about -5 errors,
though).
I disabled it and the errors also disappeared.
But the time of writing of this warning is 2.6.26 ; is it still relevant
? If so, I would be interested to try and fix it (I'm doing an
internship which subject is MTDs)

--
David Wagner, Free Electrons
http://free-electrons.com