[RFC] Handling of errors for AMD NOR (cfi_cmdset_0002) chips

Norbert van Bolhuis nvbolhuis at aimvalley.nl
Thu Mar 24 03:35:04 EDT 2011

On 03/23/11 16:47, Detlev Zundel wrote:
> Hi Norbert,
>
>> What issue you have with NOR flash and UBIFS ?
>
> We're still working on the issue initially reported by Anatolij here:
>
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.mtd/33832
>
> Cheers
>    Detlev

ok, thanks.

But the unstable bit problem is different from software timeout
related issues regarding UBI and NOR flash the OP mentioned.
It is anyway good to hear work is in progress here.

I asked about the software timeout issue because I've seen false
timeouts with powerpc + CONFIG_NO_HZ a while ago.
In my case the low-level do_write_buffer (cfi_cmdset_0002.c) timed
out too early. See
http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/9/3/84

---
N. van Bolhuis.