"warning!: only 995 of 1984 eraseblocks have valid erase counter"

Gilles gilles.ganault at free.fr
Thu Jun 23 05:19:08 EDT 2011

On Thu, 23 Jun 2011 12:14:01 +0300, Artem Bityutskiy
<dedekind1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>I think it is self-explanatory. Please, ask specific question. WRT to
>consequences - it should not be critical.

I went ahead, answered yes, and it seems to work OK, but I was curious
to understand what the message really means.

Before reflashing memory with an image, does ubiformat always warn the
user that the empty blocks after the image will have their erase
counter set to the average computed from the used blocks, regardless
of their actual usage so far?

It's just for my education. Thank you.