[Ubiattach] "vtbl_check: too large reserved_pebs"

Gilles gilles.ganault at free.fr
Thu Jun 9 19:05:56 EDT 2011

On Thu, 09 Jun 2011 18:17:24 +0200, Gilles <gilles.ganault at free.fr>
wrote:
>Now that I can successfully format + attach + mount the Ubifs NAND
>partition, I tried rebooting with the following kernel command line:
>
>==========
>bootargs=ethaddr=00:09:45:56:72:9b console=ttyBF0,115200
>rootfstype=ubifs ubi.mtd2 root=ubi0:rootfs

Even after correcting the mistake above ("ubi.mtd2" should be
"ubi=mtd2"), uClinux still can't access Ubifs on mtd2 and crashes.

I double-checked that the kernel has MTD + UBI + Ubifs compiled
statically.

Incidently, are those settings in "bootargs" enough to have the kernel
run the equivalent of ubiattach with the right commands for Ubi(fs)
before attempting to mount the NAND partition as root filesystem?