ubifs_decompress: cannot decompress ...

Matthew L. Creech mlcreech at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 14:59:34 EDT 2011

On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 12:30 AM, Matthew L. Creech <mlcreech at gmail.com> wrote:

> As for this specific error (ubifs_decompress): tomorrow I'll try to
> gather & post additional log data for this device.  Thanks!

Here is a console dump with more information enabled:

http://mcreech.com/work/ubifs-decompress-err.txt

I turned on mount & recovery debug messages, although it seems to
mount & recover correctly, so presumably any info from past recovery
actions is long gone.  The error actually occurs later on, when our
main application accesses SQLite databases.

I dumped out the corrupted node data in 3 places:

1. In ubifs_decompress(), I dumped the data buffer, prefixed with
"compressed node" (redundant with #3, really)

2. In read_block(), I page-align the starting offset & size, re-fetch
the pertinent pages from flash, and dump those with corresponding OOB
info, prefixed with "data" and "oob" respectively

3. There's already a dbg_dump_node() call in read_block(), so I
enabled that as well

--
Matthew L. Creech