Flash filesystems benchmarks

David Wagner david.wagner at free-electrons.com
Thu Jul 28 16:05:46 EDT 2011

	Hi,

On 28/07/2011 21:14, Belisko Marek wrote:
> Hi,
> Great job ;). Maybe small README how to use scripts. I try to run
> ./performance-test.py but got en error because test.cfg doesn't exist.
 > Shouldn't there be input argument for specific board something like:
 > [...]

Thanks for the feedback. You're right, READMEs are missing ; they'll come.

The current procedure, regarding the configuration file, is:
  * write a configuration file (like those already provided as examples)
  * cp it to test.cfg
  * launch performance-test.py
why the cp ? because it allows to tweak it without changing the original.
But it would certainly be best to use a proper argument parsing
(argparse, like for gnuplotize_*.py and generate_graphs.py) and have an
optional configuration file.

The material and documentation to reproduce the tests isn't fully
available yet but will be very soon.  I can already give you a link to
the debian root filesystem (to be exported through NFS) that was used ;
however I can't guarantee yet that it will work.
http://free-electrons.com/~david/pub/RFS-benchmarks.tar.lzma (1.1GB)

David.

--
David Wagner, Free Electrons