validate_sb: bad superblock, error 8 (Minimum UBI volume size for UBIFS image)

Andrew Murray amurray at mpcdata.com
Sat Jan 15 05:48:40 EST 2011

On 11 January 2011 09:47, Andrew Murray <amurray at mpcdata.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to determine the minimum UBI volume size which will
> support a given UBIFS filesystem image?

My conclusion is this (with my version of kernel and mkfs.ubifs tool):

(Min No. UBI Volume LEBS) = (jrn_lebs) + 3 + (log lebs) + (lpt_lebs) +
(orph_lebs)

And these values can all be determined (or specified) by the
mkfs.ubifs tool by using the verbose -v flag.

This seems to hold true - Does this seem reasonable?

Thanks,

Andrew Murray