Mean Time Between Failure - UBI clarifications

Navaneethan P pnavanee at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 10:22:19 EST 2011

Thank you for your response.

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 7:34 PM, Ricard Wanderlof
<ricard.wanderlof at axis.com> wrote:
> mtd supplies statistics counters that might help. For each mtd partition
> there is one counter which is increased every time a read operation requires
> ECC to correct a bit (i.e. a correctable single bit error), and one counter
> for ECC failures (two-bit errors).

I checked the mtd directory of sysfs and also the source code of mtd.
However I could not find the mtd statistics counter from the available
source mtd-2.6.28. Could you please guide me as to where the
statistics counters are implemented inside mtd source.

Thanks and Regards,
Navaneethan P