UBIFS recovery stops

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind1 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 00:37:21 EST 2011

On Mon, 2011-02-21 at 16:55 +0100, Anatolij Gustschin wrote:
> The small corrupted data area in the flash seems to result
> from an uncompleted write operation: repeated reading from
> this area shows, that the bit values flip.

The first quick band-aid could be re-trying reading several times when
CRC error happens. This could improve things somewhat.

The proper solution is to make sure every LEB which could be being
written to at the power cut time gets erased on the next mount. Namely,
we need to do "atomic LEB change" for all journal heads when recovering.

Also, we need to be able to simulate unstable bits to efficiently test.
This is where I wanted to start from.

--
Best Regards,
Artem Bityutskiy (Битюцкий Артём)