Numonyx NOR and chip->mutex bug?

Michael Cashwell mboards at prograde.net
Mon Feb 7 11:46:34 EST 2011

On Feb 7, 2011, at 11:22 AM, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:

> Michael Cashwell <mboards at prograde.net> wrote on 2011/02/07 16:46:22:
>
>> My current workaround from my problem is to do a throw-away status read "(void) map_read(map, addr);" after that 0x50, 0xd0, 0x70 sequence. Since no one else is seeing my problem I expect it's some issue with my specific batch of chips. Ugh.
>
> Possibly, or an accident waiting to happen to the rest of us.

That does worry me too.

> The map_read will probably force some HW completion. Perhaps some sync() op. will do the same? Just to nail it down.

Once your patch is handled I will continue to try to fully explain my issue. I'm not giving up yet.

> BTW, do you have CONFIG_MTD_COMPLEX_MAPPINGS=y ? I do

Interesting. I have used that on a different platform where some of the high-order address lines were GPIOs.

But no, I'm not using that in this case. Just a simple linear mapping of the whole part.

-Mike