Using mmap() on a NOR flash device

Rishi Dhupar rishid at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 12:41:10 EST 2011

I have trying to figure out if this is possible, I have a NOR flash
chip (Intel CFI) that is I/O peripheral mapped to my processor to
exist in the 0xA000_0000 to 0xA1FF_FFFF range.  I was hoping to be
able to perform quick reads from the chip by reading directly from NOR
through using this address space.  I was trying to use mmap() in a
user-space app to do this but does not seem to be working.

Is there support available to do this?  Or is the only option to read
NOR flash from user-space, is through a combination of lseek() and
read() system calls?