logfs unmount bug

srimugunthan dhandapani srimugunthan.dhandapani at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 06:07:09 EDT 2011

> Are you sure you have my patch applied?

To clarify on the bugs I reported
1. bonnie test( bonnie  -s 20 -r 10) does not complete . It gets stuck
at "Creating  files in sequential order ..."
(tested with nandsim, kernel 3.0.1. and 2.6.38.8; consistently
reproducible on 2 machines.)
The free command show that, while the bonnie test was run for half an
hour, free space changed from 2982340 KB to 2550156 KB.

2. with mount-mkdir-unmount loop , logfs hits KERNEL bug at segment.c:784
(tested with nandsim, the kernel is from your git.)

3. with bonnie test , sometimes it hits kernel bug at file.c:172
(happens only on the unstable kernel that i was trying. not
consistently reproducible on other kernels)

Regarding the third bug, for double checking ,I thought of taking the
log for your patch once more
But I have recompiled the kernel in my machine and unfortunately i am
not able to reproduce the third bug any more.

I think the first two bugs should be reproducible at your end. If not,
pls let me know, i will see whats wrong with my test setup.
Thanks
mugunthan