UBIFS: mount based on UUID?

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind1 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 07:03:08 EDT 2011

On Tue, 2010-10-26 at 07:53 +0200, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there any way to mount UBIFS based on the UUID like we can do for
> "normal" file systems, i. e. by using "UUID=..." instead of a device
> name in /etc/fstab ?
>
> I see there is a UUID in the file system's super block, but I can't
> see it is exposed to any sort of regular user interface.
>
> Am I missing something?

I said that I may look at this, and this mail is still in my todo box.
But unfortunately, I've realized that I am unable to do many things I
wanted to. In the past, MTD/UBIFS was very related to my regular work,
but now my work has no relation with MTD/UBIFS, so I do not have much
own time for it. Thus, I am dropping many of my TODO items.

Just wanted to let you know.

--
Best Regards,
Artem Bityutskiy