[RFC 0/5] fix data+OOB writes, add ioctl

Ricard Wanderlof ricard.wanderlof at axis.com
Tue Aug 23 02:48:54 EDT 2011

On Mon, 22 Aug 2011, Artem Bityutskiy wrote:

> On Mon, 2011-08-22 at 14:04 +0200, Ivan Djelic wrote:
>> On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 11:02:40AM +0100, Artem Bityutskiy wrote:
>>> Hi,

>>> I think Ivan complained about this at some point - he said he has images
>>> with crafted ECC codes to test his BCH library, but he could not flash
>>> them properly. So yes, this is worth fixing.
>>
>> Actually it was Ricard Wanderlof, but indeed he was testing the BCH library
>> (http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-mtd/2011-March/034516.html).
>> It would be nice if he could ack the fix ?

(Hi guys, just got back, been away for a while over the summer).

This particular issue was fixed in a patch by Peter Wippich on June 6th:

http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-mtd/2011-June/036016.html

(I subsequently tested the patch and found it to fix the problem:
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-mtd/2011-June/036085.html).

I could test patch 1 of this set to see if it accomplishes the same thing,
but initially to me it seems that the issue has already been fixed, albeit
perhaps not pushed yet?

/Ricard