UBI FS on 2MiB eraseblock Hynix MLC NAND

Ben Gardiner bengardiner at nanometrics.ca
Mon Aug 22 09:10:28 EDT 2011

Hi Viktar, Artem,

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 4:08 AM, Artem Bityutskiy <dedekind1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-08-16 at 10:48 +0300, Viktar Palstsiuk wrote:
>> [...]
> This solution is not acceptable as we are currently discussing in the
> "GPMI-NAND Status" thread in this mailing list.
>
> Instead, you should just change u-boot, and I believe someone has done
> this recently - ask the u-boot mailing list. I think that was Ben -
> CCed.

Yep. That was me (with some critical help from others of course).

The problem to which you (Viktar) are refferring is certainly not
limited to hynix, 2mib or mlc. I agree with Artem's assessment: use
the new 'nand write.trimffs'  command in u-boot or use the fixup flag
in your ubi images.

Best Regards,
Ben Gardiner

---