UBI FS on 2MiB eraseblock Hynix MLC NAND

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind1 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 12:01:53 EDT 2011

On Thu, 2011-08-04 at 16:59 +0300, Viktar Palstsiuk wrote:
> Hello,
>
> While trying to use UBI FS on Hynix MLC NAND (2MiB eraseblock, 8k
> pagesize) I faced with the problem that root mounts well only during
> first boot after it was flashed.
> On the second boot it reports that it failed to recover master node.
> If some one has tested UBI FS on devices with large eraseblock?

Well, in theory it should work, but I've never heard about such huge
eraseblock so probably you are the first trying it, and probably there
is a bug.

> NET: Registered protocol family 17
> lib80211: common routines for IEEE802.11 drivers
> rtc-mv rtc-mv: setting system clock to 2000-02-26 02:34:28 UTC (951532468)
> UBIFS error (pid 1): ubifs_recover_master_node: failed to recover master node

Could you please enable UBIFS debugging, reproduce the issue and send me
all the kernel output - e.g., by typing dmesg or booting with the
ignore_loglevel kernel option?

--
Best Regards,
Artem Bityutskiy