Discovering current MTD partition

Ricard Wanderlof ricard.wanderlof at axis.com
Thu Apr 28 03:31:22 EDT 2011

On Wed, 27 Apr 2011, umar at janteq.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> /proc/mounts as well doesn't relay any info about /dev/mtdXX.

Sorry, you are right of course. It just seems to say /dev/root on my
system.

The df command however seems to figure out which mtd device is mounted on
/ . I don't know exactly how it finds this out though. I'm pretty sure it
uses /proc/mounts, because if /proc/mounts is missing it doesn't output
anything, but it must be getting extra information from somewhere.

/Ricard