Is the mtd-utils common

Riku Voipio riku.voipio at iki.fi
Fri Apr 1 03:05:02 EDT 2011

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 05:46:30PM +0300, Artem Bityutskiy wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-03-23 at 21:22 +0800, ll wrote:
> > Today I upgrade my ubuntu from 10.04 to 10.10. After the upgrade, when I
> > use mkfs.ubifs and ubinize to create image. It make error when I mount
> > the /dev/ubi0_0. The error message below. Does the ubuntu upgrade change
> > the version of mkfs.ubifs? The linux kernel version is 2.6.37. Could
> > anyone help me?

> But this has been fixed. I think Ubuntu picked broken mtd-utils. Contact
> Ubuntu guys and ask them to pick newer mtd-utils. CCed Riku, he's a
> debian guy, may be he can advice something.

I'm quite sorry of this mess - I didn't watch closely enough and apparently
that version was picked up from debian by ubuntu automatically. I'm not an
ubuntu developer so I cannot change the version there. You will need to file
a bug in ubuntu bug tracker and find some ubuntu developer to change the version.

Alternatively you can try building mtd-utils yourself or upgrading yo ubuntu natty
beta, which has newer version already.

Riku