Cannot rmmod after call to add_mtd_blktrans_dev

Jarkko Lavinen jarkko.lavinen at nokia.com
Tue Sep 28 04:24:46 EDT 2010

On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 01:17:42AM +0200, ext Maxim Levitsky wrote:
> Please test the patch I have just posted on linux-mtd.

I tried the 1/3 patch sent on Sep 18 23:12 on top of 2.6.36-rc5.
Had some email problem and to pick the patch from web
archives. It didn't apply cleanly, but the merge conflict seemed
minor.

The patch seems to work. I am able to remove module but now
del_mtd_blktrans_dev(dev) relases my own device structure a bit
too early and have to protect it with extra kref_get() and
release it with blktrans_dev_put(dev).

Jarkko Lavinen