[Help] SST39VF6401B Support

Yegor Yefremov yegorslists at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 23 08:18:22 EDT 2010

>  Thanks for your response. Does this mean this chip isn't CFI compliant?
> Like, datasheet says it is, but not really.
> Sorry if I sound confused, I've never messed with flashchips before so names
> and terms are still complicated.

Just to apply the patch and see what happens. The most important part
of this patch is:

Please refer to the data sheets Table 6:
39VF6401B data sheet http://www.sst.com/downloads/datasheet/S71288.pdf
39VF6401 data sheet http://www.sst.com/downloads/datasheet/S71223-03.pdf

The difference in the 6th bus write cycle. 39VF6401B uses 0x50 and
39VF6401 uses 0x30.

Without this even if the chip gets detected you cannot write to it.

I haven't look at this since my try to submit this patch, so I don't
know how to fix the stuff for cfi_probe.

Regards,
Yegor