kernel partition table selection

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 04:09:48 EDT 2010

Not sure if this is appropriate for the mtd list, and also not sure on
how to fix it, but wanted to report this anyway.

In the linux mtd kernel config page I can select (for my MPC8536DS board) both:
  [*]     Command line partition table parsing
 <*>     Flash partition map based on OF description

I had expected that if a command line table is specified it would be
used, otherwise the OF one would be used, but apparently OF always
wins.
So either things could be fixed to change the behaviour as stated in
the previous line, or selecting both should not be possible.

Unfortunately I'm not really able to fix this, but wanted to report it anyway.

Best regards, Frans