Initialising Nand driver Failed error

Manoj Rajashekaraiah manojkdi at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 15:41:58 EDT 2010

Hello,

I am Manoj a student of ME Embedded Systems at BITS Pilani, INDIA.
I kindly request for your help in solving one of the issues related to NAND
driver on STB810 set top boxes.

I have *searched  the archive* and could not get much information addressing
this issue.

I am  working with NXP STB810(currently owned by TRIDENT Microsystems) set
top boxes from philips.I have got three boxes among them 2 boxes are showing
an error as shown below(the boxes are not booting)

error shown hyperterminal
--------------------------

MicroBTM, Compiled Aug 22 2006 10:50:29
Using Uart 1
Initialising NAND driver...Failed! (0x10052803)

These STB810 boxes have Samsung K9F5616U0C nand flash
I have attached the pnx8550_nand.c which iam using in this mail.

Please let me know if you have any idea on this error.
Looking forward for hearing from you.

Best Regards

Manoj R
BITS, Pilani