change in how ubiformat works

twebb taliaferro62 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 13:47:33 EST 2010

I use a sequence as follows: " flash_erase - ubiformat - nanddump -
verify " to confirm that a UBI image was properly stored in NAND
flash.  I realize that flash_erase is not recommended because it
destroys erase counters, but this is only done on virgin flash so
should not be an issue.

However, I recently upgraded the mtd-utils, and particularly ubiformat
from 1.4 to 1.5, and now I see that what I read back (via nanddump)
does not match the original UBI image.  Can anyone confirm whether
ubiformat.c changes sometime between 1.4 and 1.5 would result in this
behavior?  I have looked at ubiformat.c changes and am wondering if it
has to do with image sequence number support.

Thanks,
twebb