2GB file size limit?

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind1 at gmail.com
Thu May 20 23:53:30 EDT 2010

On Fri, 2010-05-14 at 22:31 -0500, David Lambert wrote:
> Is there any way to increase the file size limit on UBIFS beyond
> 2Gbytes?

We never tested this, but should not be. AFAIR, UBIFS theoretical
limitation should be something like 16TB, but I tried tested the maximum
file size.

>  I have tried enabling the kernel ‘Support for large block
> devices and files’ under ‘Enable the block layer’, but the 2G limit
> persists.

UBIFS has nothing to do with block devices. This is a very specialized
FS for bare flashes:

http://www.linux-mtd.infradead.org/doc/ubifs.html#L_rednote

So that option has no effect for UBIFS.

--