<4>mtd->read(x bytes from y) returned ECC error / Node header CRC failed / READ error

Arno Steffen arno.steffen at googlemail.com
Thu May 6 08:30:34 EDT 2010

After some powercycles I get sometimes messages like this:

uncorrectable error : <3>uncorrectable error : <4>mtd->read(0x3f8
bytes from 0x25d8408) returned ECC error
JFFS2 notice: (220) jffs2_get_inode_nodes: Node header CRC failed at
0x25d8408. {ffe0,ffe0,ffe0ffe0,ffe0ffe0}

I do check a 30MB file wether it contains the original information,
but reading/compare give holes of 2048bytes which gives "0" instead of
its content.

I don't access the jffs-fs with writes, just boot and read some files.

In the next reboot everything is fine again. So what can I do, to prevent this?

Or who can I ask? I am lost.