Some questions on bit-flips and JFFS2

Ricard Wanderlof ricard.wanderlof at axis.com
Wed May 5 05:20:42 EDT 2010

On Wed, 5 May 2010, Artem Bityutskiy wrote:

> Unless you supply your device with an UPS :-)

Or rather, unless you never power down you're device. An UPS is great for
unexpected power outages, but sooner or later you might want to power down
your device under manual control anyway... :-)

> I did not really follow the discussion, so sorry if the following is
> unrelated: I think it should not be too difficult to teach JFFS2 to
> force GC on eraseblocks with bit-flips.

I think in this case the partition in question just held a raw Linux
kernel with no file system, so JFFS2 is out of the picture here.

/Ricard