umount of ubifs

twebb taliaferro62 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 09:41:32 EDT 2010

I am seeing behavior related to my filesystem that I don't understand.
 I'm running 2.6.29 and using UBIFS.  The root filesystem is a
ramdisk.  Code manually mounts 4 UBI volumes at startup (not
automatically through an fstab file).  One of the volumes, "system",
is mounted RO (though the underlying UBI volume is dynamic).  On
system shutdown, code umounts all the mounted volumes, and often the
umount of "system" fails.  Can someone explain how umounting a RO
filesystem could fail?  (I don't think this is a UBIFS issue - I'm
guessing it may be common to all filesystems.)

Thanks,
twebb