Mtd_debug patch

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind1 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 13 04:57:49 EDT 2010

Hi Stephen,

On Fri, 2010-05-28 at 17:26 -0400, Stephen Beaver wrote:
> The attached patch to the current version of mtd_debug (grabbed
> on5/28/2010) adds two new capabilities:
>
> usage: mtd_debug info   <device>
>       mtd_debug verify <device> <offset> <cmp-filename>
>
> mtd_debug blank ... checks that an area of flash memory if blank (all
> 0xFFs) ie it verifies that an erase succeeded.
> mtd_debug verify ... checks that the contents of the flash memory
> match the specified file. Ie it verifies that a write succeeded.
>
> These functions allow things like:
>
> #!/bin/sh
>
> mtd_debug erase /dev/mtd1 0 0x200000
> mtd_debug write /dev/mtd1 0 0x150000 uImage
> if ( mtd_debug verifiy /dev/mtd1 0 uImage ) ; then
>    reboot
> else
>    # Better try again, or we will die
> fi

Looks like a useful feature, but I cannot apply your patch because it is
not applicable to the latest mtd-utils.git. Also, your patch has many
trailing white-spaces. Could you please re-send it in inlined form - it
will make it easier to review it and reply to you (it it difficult to
comment attached patches).

--
Best Regards,
Artem Bityutskiy (Артём Битюцкий)